I am not sure how you’re coping with the COVID-19 outbreak, but many are looking for hope and they are scared. To those, I say, “God is in Control, allow Him into your life, and you will find Peace.”
However, to the rest, I have a different Message. The Message is really not mine, but it is Isaiah’s Message to the Nation of Israel in the First Chapter of his Book.
I have been reading and re-reading Isaiah 1:1-17 because I am not satisfied with what I am hearing from the Christian community or our officials. I do not believe that this virus is just a coincidence and that China is to blame. It may have originally started in China, but I think there is something more about this virus than where it began. I read responses from the Christian community on Facebook and most of them have little to no insight into what is happening. I think there is a parallel to Isaiah’s Message in Chapter One.
Here is what God says to Israel (bullet points are my thoughts):
1. The animals know their masters, but my people don’t know Me .
2. The people are laden with Evil living and believe in Evil ideas.
· Over 60 million abortions.
· Homosexual lifestyle celebrated.
· Hatred of political parties and leaders.
· Church who no longer preaches the Gospel.
3. The people live in rebellion .
· 1 Samuel 15:23 “rebellion is the sin of witchcraft”
· The source of all rebellion is our own hearts and the Enemy of our Souls.
4. Your whole being/society is sick, from what you think about (head) to what you believe (heart).
· We have abandoned the Lord in our public life, and He is no longer even a conversation piece in our plurality of American life.
5. Your society has leaders who are associated with Sodom and Gomorrah.
· This is a grave charge, but many of our city mayors and city councils have the spirit of Sodom and Gomorrah.
· Read what that is like in Genesis 19 and Ezekiel 16:49
6. God is not happy with His people/their worship and festivals are worthless to Him because they do not live it.
· Most worship is a repeat of last week, different tunes, but no sense of the awe of God among us. Emotional tunes, emotional response. I think God is bored with our attempts to be worshippers.
· It’s one thing to come and give Him your heart and desire a change in your life; God responds to Repentance, Submission, and Obedience.
7. I will ignore their prayers because they are not sincere and do not come from a heart that belongs to Me.
· We are all calling for prayer because of the crisis. God is calling for change. Revelation Chapters 2-3 He was calling for change in the first century, are we are any better than those Churches mentioned?
· It is time we stop our silly Christian attitudes thinking all is well and come to grips with the God of the Bible who knows we need Repentance as a Nation and as a Church.
8. Remove the Evil from your life and go do Righteousness in the land.
· Before we go and give advice on how to prepare for this national crisis, perhaps our first step is to come before God to make sure our hearts are cleansed and purposed for His work. We need to be encouraged to come to an altar and do business with God. And I would say that leaders need to be the first to do it, because they will be held more accountable before a Holy God.
So, what are your thoughts?
I know some who think that it is not the time for a Message of accountability because we need a Message of Hope may criticize me. Scripture is my response:
Jeremiah 6 13For from the least of them to the greatest, all are greedy for gain. From prophet to priest, all practice deceit. 14They have dressed the wound of My people with very little care, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace at all. 15Were they ashamed of the abomination they committed? No, they were not at all ashamed; they did not even know how to blush.
Not to sound arrogant, but I don’t work for the critics.
It’s time to take this time of quarantine seriously and get things right as we move forward in 2020.
Here is one more thing you could encourage your family, friends, and Churches to consider:
Keeping Life Honest and Truthful … Larry Kutzler
Want more of my Blogs? Check out my Books on Amazon!